One pad to rule them all.
Brook, designers behind this generation's essential multi-console solutions such as the Brook Universal Fighting Board with Headers, the Brook PS4+ Fighting Board with Audio, and family of converter devices, now integrate those technologies into a professional-grade game controller.
The Power of Three
Three consoles, three ways to play: Brook is compatible with Playstation 4, PS3 and Nintendo Switch consoles, lending an amazing amount of versatility for modern consoles. At just $45, this is an economical alternative to the Switch Pro controller, which commonly retails over $60. You can also utilize MARS on PC, with full X-Input support included.
The number three also includes MARS' unique control options. Cross and disc d-pad controls can be swapped at will, in addition to the multi-faceted control option made popular by the Xbox Elite controller. Now you can enable this specialized control method on competing systems.
- PS4, PS3, and Nintendo Switch compatibility. PC support via X-Input
- Automatic console switching for PS4, PS3 and PC
- Interchangeable cross, faceted and disc d-pad
- Wired to offer zero-delay during gameplay
- Manual console switch for Nintendo Switch (see Support tab for switching instructions. On mobile? Click here.)
- Combo Key for PS4 Touchpad function (see Support tab for instructions. On mobile? Click here.)
- Rumble function support on PS4, PS3, Nintendo Switch and PC
- Motion control support on PS4, PS3, and Nintendo Switch
- Headset support on PS4
The Mars controller includes a 10 foot Mini USB cable, plus interchangeable cross, faceted and disc d-pad to fit your game style. All are packed in a striking red foil box.
Please check the Brook MARS Controller download section for latest firmware updates.
Firmware Update Process
Please follow these steps to update the firmware on your mars controller.
First, press the D-Pad right, and L3 button simultaneously, then connect the MARS wired controller to your PC via its USB cable.
Next, you should see a red "UPDATE" button if the firmware update combination was performed correctly.
The firmware should begin updating on the MARS Wired Controller hardware. Please do not disconnect the USB cable during this process.
Finally, you will receive a notification when the firmware update has completed.
Manual console Switching to Nintendo Switch
To use MARS on Nintendo Switch
- First, upgrade to system 3.0 or Higher on Switch console
- Next, set Pro Controller Wired Communication to "on" in Switch console's System Settings.
- Finally, press the L1 button on the MARS controller, then plug into one of the Switch console's USB ports, located on the dock.
Use MARS touchpad to emulate PS4 touchpad
Brook MARS is an unlicensed PS4 device and therefore cannot use the touchpad as it exists on PS4 gamepads. However there is an alternative method:
- Press and HOLD the touchpad located at top of the MARS controller
- Next, move the right analog stick to simulate touchpad functionality.
MARS Button Mapping
Please use the graphic below to review MARS button mapping for each supported console and PC